Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best time to apply pre-emergent herbicide to my lawn to control crabgrass, foxtail and annual broadleaf weeds?
- How can I control henbit?
- My neighbor had nutsedge last year; did the seed blow into my lawn? If so, how will I get rid of it?
- How can we control nutsedge in our yard?
- I have many weedy trees in my fence line, I would like to cut them down and apply Tordon. I do have some desirable cedars nearby. Will Tordon effect the cedars?
- How and when do you control nimblewill?
- I have a vining weed in my flower beds and lawn with thin stems and alternate, spade-shaped leaves. It has white or pinkish flowers. Is this bindweed and how can I get rid of it?
- How can you control Wild Violets in a lawn without killing the turf?
- Landscape Weed Management
- Nebraska Weed Control Association
- Nobel Foundation Weed Image Gallery
- Rutgers Cooperative Extension Weed Gallery
- The Bugwood Network- Invasive & Exotic Weeds
- Virginia Tech Weed Identification Guide
- Weed Control for Small Rural Acreages, Colorado State University
- Weed Control in Tree Plantings, North Dakota State University
- Weed Management in the Home Garden, Iowa State University